Assisted Living | Woonsocket
A place that truly feels like home
Located in St. Germain Manor, a secure, non- smoking 10-story apartment building near the heart of Downtown Woonsocket, St. Germain Assisted Living consists of one-bedroom apartments that offer the added care and services of an assisted living home. The property is managed by the Woonsocket Housing Authority, which adheres to the federal housing code, making St. Germain Manor a safe, affordable, and comfortable place to live. All applicants must meet the Housing Authority’s income, age and disability guidelines.
Services and amenities at St. Germain are managed by Aldersbridge Consultants, a private management company that grew out of Aldersbridge Communities’ (formerly United Methodist Elder Care) nearly 50 years of providing affordable housing and healthcare for older adults. Our operations are guided by a value-driven and compassionate philosophy of treating each resident as an individual as they become part of our unique family. We provide high-quality, person-centered care while respecting individual needs and wants. Our goal is to provide residents with the opportunity to live comfortably and safely with dignity and respect in a caring community.
Our goal is to provide the highest level of care at an affordable cost. Fees will be calculated after an initial assessment and will vary depending on the type of housing unit and additional services needed. Both Medicaid and private pay are accepted.
We are located near Woonsocket’s downtown area, not far from the Main Street Historic District and close to shopping, churches, restaurants, pharmacies, city park, and public transportation as well as Routes 146/295. Our grounds and home-like atmosphere combine the ambiance of the suburbs with the convenience of city life. Residents have the best of both worlds.
Community and Amenities
Our one-bedroom apartments include:
• Kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator
• Living area
• Private bathroom
• Individual climate controls
• Appropriate accessibility and safety features
• Free Cable
• Free WiFi
• 24-hour security
In addition, St. Germain offers:
• A welcoming and spacious dining room
• Activities space
• Laundry facilities
• Outdoor patio with picnic tables and porch swings
• Fenced yard with benches
• Designated smoking area
• Transportation for shopping, trips and other scheduled activities
Meals are included, and are prepared on-site by our culinary staff and served in our attractive dining room. We can accommodate special dietary requirements.
A personalized plan is developed for each resident to ensure their physical and emotional well-being as well as maximize their independence. This plan is based on detailed personal and medical histories, special needs, and individual preferences.
Individual care plans are regularly reviewed in order to provide the services and daily care each resident needs to optimize their independence.
All residents receive appropriate personal, healthcare and medication assistance, depending on need. On-site clinical care such as vision screening and podiatry is also available.
• Private apartments for one to two persons
• Meals prepared on-site
• Personal care assistance
• Medication assistance / administration
• Assistance with medical care
• Laundry service
• Transportation service
• Planned activities and outings
• Staff on duty 24-hours
• Nutrition and hydration monitoring
• Coordination of physical and occupational therapy and nursing services available
Our activities department ensures that residents stay busy with a variety of offerings, including but not limited to:
• Special reception and activities for new residents to fully integrate them into the St. Germain Assisted Living community
• Outings to restaurants, shows, shopping, and other places of interest
• Exercise classes
• Other activities and events designed to encourage socialization and maximize residents’ enjoyment
• Regular resident-staff informational and activities planning meetings
A licensed nursing professional is available at all times. All resident care personnel are certified nursing assistants and medication technicians, and are certified in CPR.