Assisted Living | East Providence
A place that truly feels like home
Nestled in a residential area of East Providence, Winslow Gardens is a 10-story apartment community that provides housing and services for older adults of modest means. We are a local nonprofit organization whose operations are guided by a value-driven and compassionate philosophy of treating each resident as a family member. We provide high-quality, personalized care while respecting individual needs and wants, and have been serving Greater East Providence since 1971. Our goal is to provide residents with the opportunity to live comfortably and safely with dignity and respect in a caring community.
Each resident has a private apartment varying in size that can accommodate one or two people. Apartments include a kitchenette with stove and refrigerator, individual climate controls, security cameras, cable and phone connections, private bathrooms and amenities such as laundry services, onsite beauty salon, weekly ecumenical religious services, outdoor courtyard garden, fish pond, patio and more.
Applicants for assisted living at Winslow Gardens must be at least 62 years of age and have annual incomes that are at or below the levels established by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Our goal is to provide the highest level of comfort and independence at an affordable cost. The price will vary depending on the type of housing unit and additional services.
We are located conveniently near downtown, just off Waterman Avenue near the Taunton Avenue interchange. We are close to shopping, restaurants and public transportation as well as Route 195. Winslow Gardens has the ambiance of a suburban residential neighborhood with the convenience of city life. Residents have the best of both worlds.
Facilities and Amenities
Our private apartments include a variety of designs accommodating one or two people and feature:
• Individual climate controls
• Appropriate accessibility and safety features
• Cable and phone connections
• Secure entry and security cameras
• Kitchenette with stove and refrigerator
• Private bathrooms
Small pets are accepted for an additional fee.
In addition, our facility offers:
• Spacious activities room, lounge and library
• Outdoor courtyard garden, fish pond and patio
• Sun-room with fireplace and indoor garden with pond
• Laundry facilities
• Onsite beauty salon
• WiFi in common areas
• Accessible shuttle transportation for shopping, trips and other scheduled activities
• Weekly ecumenical religious services
Meals, prepared onsite by our culinary staff and served in our attractive dining room, are available for an additional fee. We can accommodate special dietary requirements.
A personalized plan is developed for each resident to ensure their physical and emotional well-being as well as maximize their independence. This plan is based on detailed personal and medical histories, special needs, and individual preferences.
Individual care plans are regularly reviewed in order to provide the services and daily care each resident needs to optimize their independence. All residents receive appropriate personal, healthcare, and medication assistance, depending on need. Onsite clinical care such as vision screening and podiatry is also available.
• Private apartments for one to two persons
• Full meal plan*
• Laundry service*
• Transportation service
• Planned activities and outings
• Service coordinators to help maintain independence
• Vehicle snow removal*
• Coordination of physical and occupational therapy and nursing services available
*Services available at an additional fee
Our activities department ensures that residents stay busy with a variety of offerings, including but not limited to:
• Special reception and activities for new residents to fully integrate them into the Winslow Gardens community
• Outings to restaurants, shows, shopping, and other places of interest
• Exercise classes
• Other activities and events designed to encourage socialization and maximize residents’ enjoyment
• Resident Council to provide resident input and help plan activities
A licensed nursing professional is available at all times. All resident care personnel are certified nursing assistants and medication technicians, and are certified in CPR.